Oct 29, 2006

Portraits of Life

I learned portrait yesterday in Arts class. We are required to did 3 self portraits, first one as draft, second one as expression and last one is dramatic lighting. It's a terrible thing to have to stare at yourself in the mirror for 5 houes. First, you have to look at an ugly person for 5 hours. You have to admit that you are ugly and lastly, have to put that down to paper to make everyone else realize that you are ugly.

These are a few pieces I did this week.

The mask
Expressionless. The face without any emotions to lie about how we feel. This is a self portrait of myself in 30 minutes. It's the mask we wear everyday to lie about the world how we feel. This is my mask that you see everyday...

Doubt
The face of anger, of disgust, of surprised, of doubt...

Meet Kevin
Just in time for Halloween, we are introduced to the skeleton. Meet my new friend, Kevin. Nate called it Mr.Skeleton but I think the name is so not creative. Hence, Kevin :)

Diu dang va Lua doi

Torn between Dreams

No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com