Oct 12, 2006

Project Runway - A place for creativity to shine

Hey! Normally I'll post my own work here but I think it's time to embrace creativity from everywhere. Today will be about the show I absolutely love to watch "Project Runway". And for those who thought Project Runway is too sissy, suck it up because top 2 designers this season are straight guys.
So this season is coming to an end, and here are my picks from the top 4 (Each of them had a total of 12 garments). Think the order is Jeff > Uli > Laura > Micheal. Jeff should win!
Totally love Jeffrey's collection. It's provocative, creative and way beyond what he had already demonstrated the whole season. It's very different from the rest. He's a runaway from home kid, punk rocker, ex-drug addict and he has a 5 years old son. Although he appeared to be an ass all show long but he's the most true person in the show. Everyone comes to win, and to admit that is to be a real designer.
The best garment in all collections. It's very unlike Jeff. Very bright and shiny. Apparently he's trying to recreate the coutour winning look. He succeeded. All the lines are made by green zippers. Super cool dress...
Another totally out of Jeff's character. Very sweet and very innocent. The fabric has apples print on it. Normally Jeff goes for the gloom and doom and trashy look.
When I first saw this I thought it was Uli's. Very fluid and very eye-catching

When I first saw this I thought it was Micheal's. Looks very smart and very elegant. There's a lot of effort and also taste in this vest. Can totally see someone like my sister buying this garment and wear out. Very practical. A bravo to Jeff!!!
Uli's collection is another rocking one. But it's no surprise, it's totally her style. Very flowly, very hip, very young and very wild. Uli is the most consistent throughout the show. Her dresses always are among the top
This is the best garment from Uli. The front looks kinda normal and boring but the back is amazing...
Uli's signature: crazy prints and colors, flowy and beachy stuffs. Anyone get a fan!!!

About consistent, Laura is another very talented woman. SHe's been consistently...boring... Actually this time her collection is very pretty, sleek, classy and rich. However I can't stand her personality. He's just a judgemental rich high-class wannabe bitch. THere's a thing about me that I can't stand people who think they are all perfect and classy and start judging on others. She always say this designers stuffs look cheap, that desingers stuff looks trashy, I'm a high-class architecture and you are a dick head, blah blah blah. Cant stand her!
This is the most unpredictable garment from Laura, the rest all glamour and nice but they are all, as usual, boring...

Michael, the nice guy. Don't know what's the deal with him, his designs just get uglier by day.
This is like the least ugly dress in the entire collection. And at first I thought he could have won.

Still 1 more week until they reveal which of the 4 wins. I can't wait. I just hope they didn't kick Jeffrey out because someone else accused him for having cheated (Guess who? The rich jealous bitch of course. "I don't believe you can put up such high quality of work" What's your problem?).
Haha I so miss my sister and Wei Jia. If we watch together sure we can bitch about it together. My sister can even make some pieces out of it (Actually sent my sis all the pics so that she can make some). I used to help my sis design for her fashion design course too. I love designing...
Please let Jeff or Uli win.....Please please please....hahaha I'm such a hardcore fan!

No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com