Oct 15, 2006

I and the arts of creating

I love creating things, be it a costume, a huge FLOAT from trash and cardboard, a meal, a design, a painting, a drawing, a photograph, or even just a post of blog. I love creating weird, provokative and "my" thing.
This is last week meal on Wednesday. I tend to make my meals very fancy in presentation and give them names. To make it more as a creation

Snow flakes falling on the Lotus
How to cook: black fungus + salmon + white fungus + oyster sauce -> Steam
Why I call it arts: the salmon is cut as 5 petals and arranged as a lotus. The black fungus texture is very close to lotus leaves. And tiny little white flakes of white fungus make it looks like snow flakes
In the absence of spring...
How to cook: salmon + boiled carrots + boiled potatos + ripe grapes + ripe apples + oyster sauce -> Bake
Why I call it arts: Looks like spring is gone isn't it? The dried and darkened apples peieces. The salmon is deep asleep under. And just admit it, it's so colorful :)

Wolverine in the making
Halloween party is coming. What will I be coming as? Wolverine. Hehe I'm one of the Xmen fan. I made this entire claw myself. Pretty hard. I used cardboard and hands only. Hehe damn proud of my FLOAT skills. I also cut my old gloves off and stich it back together by my sewing kit. Yes, I know basic sewing. Actually one of my secret Arts wish is to learn Fashion Design. Sort of fall in love with it while helping my sis coloring her designs. Actually with my drawing basics and my wacko ideas, think I only need to learn how to sew can alr leh. Hehe... Then maybe I can participate in project runway. :p Dream on... Actually the claw is not quite done yet, still have some coloring and stuffs. Haha, cant wait to jump in my tank top and my leather jacket!!!
OK, enough of boasting. Time for me to ZZZZ. Good night world. I'm gonna create something new tomorrow...I promise...

No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com