Sep 17, 2006

The first step

These are my first week assignment. I finished them all today. First time I'm so enthu in doing homework!!! Not very polished yet, but I'll improve along the way I guess.
First up, my temporary studio on dinner table


Assignment 1 "Gestures"
In this assignment we are supposed to look inside a human and capture the core of his/her activity. Each figure only allows at most 30 seconds to draw and must capture an action.

Assignment 2 "Contour drawing"
Use 1 line and draw a portrait of a person. Imagine if an ant keep running through your face and you have to trace its path. This is to practice seeing the surface and the outmost of a person, judging the up and down of a surface. This is my brother's portrait. I hope they look a little bit alike



Assignment 3 "Shading scale"
A 10 step scale of shades

Assignment 4 "The egg"
The name tells it all. Draw an egg within a single source light. I used my lamp :)



No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com