Jul 13, 2006

Florida Trip Part 3

Well, I'm not feeling very good lately. But I think it's rude to make my audience wait. So here you are, the third part of my photo series. These are the photos taken in Key West, Florida.


"Dawn"

It was very cloudy that day so the dawn looks cold and lifeless



"Footsteps"

And I left my slippers on the san and walk with my bare feet. And I left my worldly life behind to walk with just memories...




"First light"

And the first ray of light finally appeared. It still was covered by the cloud and the mist of the early day, but beautiful and inspiring nonetheless.



"Heaven, open your door..."

A playful thought when I see a sort of openning in the sky. First pic I focus on my hand and blur out the sky (by the camera focus, not Photoshop. I didn't touch up any of these pics) to depict the feeling of power, of me openning the gateway to heaven. Second pic is the other way round with my hands trying to reach. It shifts the focus: Heaven is leaving me behind...




"Memory"

A photo of me and my brother 3 years ago buried in the sand. Still the beach, the sand and the sea, however, it seems like that young innocent look of mine has been lost forever. The cloudy day had a dark blue casting on the entire pic. I can remove it, but I thought the casting makes the whole thing very sad and nostalgic, which is exactly what I want.



"Free me"

THe view of a soaring bird in the morning sky. I guess I'm always attracted to this kind of view. I always wanted to be free from the chains that are always surrounding me: THe chains of prejudice, of expectations, of lies and of darkness. I want to be that free bird flying to catch up with the light of dawn, the light of life



"Carving"

A Carving of NCBV and our batch number (7) made by the slippers on the sand



"Look up"

It's a photogrpher thingy to try different perspective of photos. This one was taken from bottom up. Yew Zhen looks a little scary, but she has the strong ,independent look. I think it's cool



"Reflection"

THe water was quite clear so I reflected the sun down there. You can also see the wooden log on the dock. I always like to play with reflection and water



"Set sail"

Our boat sailing to the snorkel site. The day was nice.



"Ichirin no hana"

It literally means 1 branch of flower. But I normally refer to it as a lonesome flower. This is the only one in the entire bush that is not yet blossom, that is pale, ugly and forgetten. I wonder how many crazy photogrphers will want to take a picture of it?



"Fountain of wish"

THere was a wish fountain on the way. THere was a statue of a boy kneeling there with a bucket of water. Made me think of Aquarius. How long have you been here? How long have you been kneeling, wishing for a dream to come true? How long have years put those scratches and tears on your little face and little faith? When will you turn into that pigeon and fly freely in the sky again?




"Sunset"

A series of sunset photos in Key West. I shot in 2 different mode, the landscape mode and the sunset mode. YOu can see the sunset mode has warmer and more orange color while the landscape preserves the blue and gray shades of the sky.











"Coming home"

A boat reaching the sun in the sunset. I just miss my hometown where you can see this everyday. Yes, they are coming home...



So there you go, the third part. THere are 2 more to come. Stay tuned

No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com