Aug 3, 2006

Tears of the Sun

This is my latest socalled Arts Work: "Tears of the Sun"
The painting is the split and dual between black and white. I tried my best to make it symmetric and look the same on both sides. The face is the Sun and the round thing below is the Earth. Black and white, right and wrong, light and darkness, it's life on earth, always complementing and oppositing each other. The sun rays are replaced by the the blood tears that are pouring down on earth, running through the surface and absorbing in. It's simple, two shades black and white and a color of blood, but I think it's has a very strong and disturbing impact.
July sure is the worst month of the year this year. Apart from my many personal accidents and agony (which I won't bore you with), the world also witnesses the War in the Middle east, tsunami, storms, hurricane, heat wave, and many other tragedies tearing off countries and lives.
It was among one of the cray things I did (Not the craiestm but still crazy). After work I packed my painting kit, went strait to school (Upenn), sat down on the grass, under a shadow of a tree and finished it in 3 hours.
The Sun's face loosely resembles Versace's logo because I sort of inspired by my own cheap fake Versace wallet. However, the idea of tears of the sun falling down to earth and the blood tear is mine, though.
Hope you like it and don't feel too depressed.

1 comment:

Pinkie said...

excellent artwork! you'll be famous soon ^_^

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com