Jan 1, 2008

Winter in Maine

It's winter in the US now.
It's been a while since I last painted a landscape so I thought I'd paint one. Guess what is the canvas? I was running out of canvas and canvases here are too expensive, therefore, I used a piece of plank wood ($2) in IKEA as my canvas. Of course it required a coat of background color and the paint dried like twice as fast, but it turned out well. I guess after I finish all my canvases this will be my new source of material.
This is where I want to be now, in Maine, where the snow covers the whole world. I also played around with the technique commonly used by Monet in his landscapes painting. Of course I will need to go a long way in order to reach his level. But this is a start.
So, enjoy "Winter in Maine"


Click on the pic to see the larger version with all the stroke details and water reflection, etc.

No comments:

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com