Jul 14, 2007

Vô thường (Extraordinary)


This is my latest oil painting. I think I'm getting hooked with oil and canvas.
This is a gift for a great friend, someone who has chosen to stay when all things failed, someone who has taught me the meaning of many different things in life, the meaning of love (and life without love). It's a painting of a night-blooming cereus under a back yellow light (cereus is a type of flower that only blooms at night and is pure white (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphyllum_oxypetalum )) I painted the flower because obviously it was her name (duh) but also, just like it, she was there during the darkest hours of my life, and I'm thankful for it (and I'm sorry I aws a jerk back then).
Just like it, she's someone very out of the world, very pure and unworldly, almost unconcerned and undisturbed. And I guess only a painting of a flower in her name can say how much I really appreciate her friendship. Only regret is, if only my painting skill has been better :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

I can imagine how happy your friend would be if she saw this extraordinary painting which was inspired by her name and just for her. It shows your great friendship!

Pacey's photo blog. Website: Pacevolution.com